Sunday, December 30, 2012

Day One of Laughter

Well, day one has come and gone and laughter certainly filled the air! But I just have to let you know, after writing last nights blog...boy did I ever watch yesterdays video more than once. Last night is just a blur of snoring husbands, crying babies, snowplows and falling strollers! By the time the sun came up I was snuggled into my robe and breast feeding pillow on the couch in the living room. Luckily, Josh woke up with Samantha in the morning and I was able to get another hour of sleep before starting the day.


But after a coffee and a hot shower, I was ready to get the giggles going!

Today, Samantha laughed 3 times! A great start to my 99 Days of Laughter! But, as I mentioned in yesterday's post, Samantha is not the easiest baby to get to laugh. She tends to get bored quickly and move onto the next thing, so getting her giggles and laughter on video is not an easy task. 

The first giggle fit, I heard while I was "sleeping in" this morning. I'm not sure what exactly Josh was doing, but she was laughing hysterically. By the time I made it downstairs, the laughter was over and she was crawling over to her story book. 


The second fit of laughter happened while we were having lunch at my Cookie Grama's. (For those of you who don't know, my Cookie Grama is my 93 year young Great Grandmother. She is exactly who I want to be when I grow up.) While we were preparing lunch, I heard that amazing contagious laughter coming from my daughter again. Josh was "attacking" her with his size 13 feet. I ran over, phone in hand and missed the laughing again! Geez...this is going to be a lot harder than I thought!


Finally, once we all finished our dinner and were ready for bath time, I made it my mission to get my first day of laughter on video. So, I set up the camera, made sure Samantha couldn't see the camera (huge distraction for her, must get mommy's phone distraction) and made her laugh! 


I might look and feel like a fool, but once that addicting giggle erupts, it's completely worth it. 
Let's hope tomorrow's a little bit easier.

Sleep tight my love, mommy needs some sleep. 


No comments:

Post a Comment