Saturday, December 29, 2012

99 Days of Laughter

First off, thank you for taking the time out of your day to read and follow my blog.


My name is Lindsay Laur. I am the wife of a loving husband, Josh, and the mother to a beautiful daughter Samantha. When Samantha was born in June, our entire lives changed. Obviously, the lack of sleep was not the best change but Josh and I developed a new sort of love, one that could never be explained, and that changed our lives for the better. Watching Samantha grow and experience life for the first time has given me an entirely new appreciation for life.

Samantha 6 months old
Samantha only a few days old
Before Samantha was born, I was constantly an on-the-go girl. I had my own event planning business, Destined to Wed, which allowed me the travel and experience some of the best resorts in the Caribbean. I also did a lot of charity work and worked part time as a waitress. Like I said, I was an on-the-go girl!

When we found out I was pregnant, I had to teach myself to slow down. Even my midwife would ask me "Today, did you relax like Lindsay or the rest of the world?" Little did I really know how important it would be to slow down.

Samantha is now 6 months old and all I want her to do is slow down! Tell her to stop growing so fast. Ask her to snuggle back into Mommy and not try to crawl away. I feel as if these past 6 months have just flown by and I haven't really had the chance to enjoy watching Samantha grow, learn and experience life. It breaks my heart to think I'll never get that time back, but at least I will always have my memories and the thousands of pictures I must have taken!  
Feeling the crunch of the Autumn leaves
 Unfortunately, it took the Newtown tragedy for me to realize just how important these days really are and for the first time in my life, I am going to slow down. I want to watch my baby girl grow before my eyes. She amazes me every single day and makes me so proud to be her mother.

This past week, I have realized that my favorite sound in the entire world is the sound of my daughter laughing! Just thinking about it makes me smile. When we've had a tough day, I just listen to a video of her laughing and it makes it all worth it. See for yourself...


So, with the New Year only a few days away I have only two resolutions:
First, write down any moment that I want to remember. Then this time next year, we will go through all of those memories and laugh.
Secondly, to make my daughter laugh. If I can get my daughter to laugh at least once a day (which believe me can be harder than it seems) than I know that I am doing a pretty darn good job at being her mom and she deserves the best!

I hope to share with you each and every laughter, for at least 99 days. I'm curious to see how this turns out.

What will she laugh at, why does she think it's funny, did I think it was funny? And hopefully, this will help me to slow down and laugh with my baby girl for at least the next 99 days.

2 comments:

  1. Love this Linds!!! Enjoy every moment! It's the hardest job I have ever had, but I love every moment with Gray and am so excited for Rory to arrive too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqueline! I am so excited for you too and you're so right. Being a mom is the hardest job, but certainly the most rewarding!

      Delete