Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day 12: The Good and The Bad

What a loooong 24 hours it has been. I am so completely ready to hide away into my fluffiest and warmest pajamas and completely forget about the past 24 hours. As much as I wanted to post about the amazing day 11 Samantha and I had together, Rogers decided to "go on strike" with the teachers and put my happy reminiscing on hold and begin the first of the last 24 hours that never happened!

So, would you like the good stuff or the bad stuff first? Want the goods; scroll down to the bottom and read your way up. Want the bad; keep on reading.

Oh Rogers, how you never cease to amaze me and the rest of Canada. Your internet outage was just the start of a very long 24 hours. Not only could I not print out the images for the Baby Basics craft, but I couldn't even email the momstown KW members to tell them there might not be a craft this morning! On top of that, my printer wouldn't work (not that I could Google how to make it work anyways) and Samantha had such a great day that she just did not want to go to sleep.

Day 12: The Bad
Then to make a very loooong story short I'll sum up Day 12 in one paragraph. I woke up too early, got bit by my runaway dog and then paid $200 for her pain medication while holding an incredibly tired baby. All before 10am. Am I a bad pet owner if I question paying for pain meds for my dog's own stupidity? Then I had a cheque bounce in my account (because the payee didn't initial her 2012, I mean 2013. From there, in my stupidity, I decided to attempt groceries (having not eaten since breakfast), while Samantha decided to scream in the cart and the entire car ride to my mothers. Yes...I ran to my mommy's! And before I lost my mind completely, drank the most delicious beer ever! On the plus side, there was laughter! Now time to hide away in my pajamas and completely erase today from my mind.



Day 11: The Good
What an amazing day we had today, minus Samantha not wanting to fall asleep tonight, but even that's OK because Josh was on bedtime duty. Today we had a great play date with Tina and her daughter Violet. We played, ate grilled cheese and vegetable soup. OK, Samantha had beans and peaches. After lunch we saw a movie, did some shopping and were home in time for a yummy chicken leg dinner with Daddy! All complete with laughter! Of course most of the laughter happened during the movie, This is 40, by both Samantha and myself, but I did get more later in the day too.



This was a good day, and when I go to sleep tonight (and not remember the last 24 hours) and I wake up on lucky Day 13, I will smile and we will laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment