Friday, February 1, 2013

Day 32: First Words

Holy heck it happened! It finally happened. Samantha said her first word!

Every morning, before I jump in the shower I hang Samantha in her jolly jumper in the bathroom door, that way I can still see her and hear her. Well, just as I'm about to jump into the shower, clear as day, she said "Mom"! Not "ma-ma" or "da-da", but Mom!

I literally couldn't believe my ears! I turned around so fast, I almost slipped on the floor and fell on my arse, looked at her and said "Mom" back to her. She got super excited and started to jump up and down in her jolly jumper, but wouldn't say it again. Obviously, I didn't get this on video, but I just keep replaying it over and over again in my mind.

Then, while at Baby Basics, later that morning she said it again for everyone to hear! Yay Samantha!

First, I have to say it; "Na, na, na, na, na...she said mommy first"!

Ok, now that that is out of my system....I am so proud of my little girl. She's barely 7 months old and growing up and learning so fast. And I have to admit, I'm feeling pretty proud of myself for helping to raise such an intelligent and beautiful baby. When Josh and I decided that we wanted to have a baby, we were so excited. But as the day drew nearer and nearer, and my belly grew bigger and bigger, deep down I had this terrible nervous anxiety. I had no idea how to be a parent, how to be a mother. This baby was going to depend on me and the decisions I made for her. I read every book you could possibly think of about every topic you could possibly think of, and there is no step-by-step Mommy Manual.

But, I guess I'm doing a pretty good job. She's happy, she's smiling, she's laughing. She's growing, she's crawling, she's talking. I cannot wait to watch her grow up into the amazing woman I know she will be. But for now, it's OK to take your time and move one step at a time!


No comments:

Post a Comment