Tuesday, May 28, 2013

First Steps!

Life in the Laur household has forever changed during the last long weekend! Samantha has learned how to put one foot in front of the other and...da da da da...WALK! I have never been more proud of her, then the moment I saw her take her first steps, except for when I saw her take her first walk!
It has been about a week since this video and she is so determined to master the art of walking, it actually scares me.

I first wanted to put Samantha into a protective bubble the moment she was born. Then she learned how to stand (and fall) and I wanted to wrap her in it all over again. Now this is even scarier! She's walking towards tables and corners. Falling into walls and onto floors. And thinks that since she can practically run with her walker...well of course she can do that on her own too. Which only ends with a face plant on the floor and a mom with another grey hair.

Just yesterday we were at Harvey's and she was running circles round and around and around my legs. Apparently, she went around one to many times and "BANG" straight into the wall...ouch!

Thankfully, the nice weather has come and and the grass is much softer than the wood floors in our home. Unfortunately, it's not quite as level as the floorboards, but hopefully that will only help her develop her stability and balance.

Honestly though, I can't wait to walk down to the park holding her hand or watch her come walking up to me with that look of "look at me Mommy" in her eyes! Every day with her is a special day and watching her grow and learn is the best job in the world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment