Thursday, May 16, 2013

Sweet & Slobbery

Mother's Day was on Sunday! My first "official" Mother's Day. I say "official" because last year I didn't get anything...not even a box of chocolates. According to my wonderful husband (who really is amazing) I was not officially a "mother" yet...even though I was 8 months pregnant with his child. Who, by the way, loved to kick me...punch me...and never let me sleep.

That was a mistake that he 1) recovered from quite nicely this year and 2) will never forget. Dads just an FYI...even a first time pregnant women is a mother, buy the girl a box of chocolates!

This year, I was able to celebrate all weekend long! On Saturday, I helped organize and run the momstown Mommy & Me Spa Day. Samantha was SO very well behaved, as I ran around making sure that everyone was happy and being pampered! She played with the other kids, played with her toys and after almost 5 hours of being there, without a morning nap, barely made a fuss. I truly am blessed to have such an amazing and well behaved baby...when she wants to be that is.

At our Spa Day, I even had enough time at the end to get pampered myself! I had a makeover (though the brows were a little darker than I would have done), had a massage and even a mini photoshoot with Samantha! There are so many pictures of Samantha on her own and with Josh, that I was so happy to have a session dedicated to just us! I can't wait to get the pictures and share them with you all!

Best of all, ok the massage was best of all, but we were invited to our friends for dinner that night! So no cleaning, cooking ro dishes for me!

Sunday morning, I got to sleep in, as I hope every mother got to do! And after nap time got to spend the day with my family at the mall! We played on the "dollar" rides and bought new shoes and clothes for everyone! Then went out for dinner where I got a free dessert! (insert huge smiley face here)
It really was an amazing weekend and I am so lucky to have a family that loves me the way they do! But the best part and the best gift I got came from Samantha! She gave me her first kiss - All open mouthed and slobbery...but sweet and precious none the less!

No comments:

Post a Comment