Thursday, June 13, 2013

First Celebrations!

This year has been full of firsts! And as a first time mom I had to celebrate and share even the small ones! First hiccup, first laugh, first kiss and even the first pull-yourself-up-on-your-own!! And of course there were the major milestone celebrations too! First roll over, first step, first full walk and now first birthday!

I think a first birthday is a huge milestone, not only for Samantha, but fore me too. We got through the first year together! I didn't die of exhaustion and you didn't die of my motherly mistakes (cough cough...we all know they happen) due to my exhaustion!

Some may say I'm going a little overboard for Samantha's first birthday celebrations, but I beg to differ. This is something, yes, she will never remember but I will. And like I said, this isn't just about her turning 1, this is a celebration of family, of success, of tears and of laughter!

As I have been building Samantha's first year video montage (I'll post it after her birthday) I am filled with emotions I never even knew existed a year ago. That overwhelming sense of love and pride and those indescribable motherly feelings as well.
So, as Samantha turns one, I am celebrating! 

First, we did a Paint Smash (since I don't want her eating cake until her birthday). I'll blog about this amazing idea next time! A must do for all children over the age of 1!
Next, this weekend we are celebrating with her baby friends! Since her best baby friend is also turning 1, we decided to host a duo party. This Pirate Themed party will be amazing and in lieu of gifts ask for donations for KidsAbility! I can't wait to blog about this party!

Then, we are celebrating on her birthday! Friday (her actual birthday) we will celebrate with a small family dinner and Stuff-a-Bear gift from Mommy and Daddy. Saturday we are going to do her cake smash and then go to a carnival. And finally, Sunday is the big Monkey Birthday Party for all our friends and family!

So, do I think I went overboard...the event planner in me say no, the mother in me says no and the party enthusiast in me says no! And when baby #2 comes along, guess what, I'll celebrate just the same!

So, Baby Girl "Happy Early Birthday"!


No comments:

Post a Comment