Monday, October 7, 2013

Nikon COOLPIX AW110: Actively Outdoorsy!


OK, so I think that Nikon Canada has completely spoiled me. I have had the chance to try the COOLPIX S30, the Nikon1 J3 and now the COOLPIX AW110!


I always try and look at each camera from a mothers perspective. I am by no means a professional photographer, I simply see with my heart and try and capture that moment so I can remember it forever.
The Nikon COOLPIX AW110 is a great family friendly camera. It is not only shock proof...so when tiny fingers find it and decide to play with it and then drop it, you are worry free! Or when you are trying to juggle a diaper bag, car keys, and a tired fussy and teething toddler...if the camera happens to bump into the door you are trying to open, no harm is done!
It's also Waterproof, though we never got a chance to try this feature (insert sad face here) and freezeproof. I can't believe I'm about to put this out into the universe, but that feature almost makes me wish it was Winter so we could play outside with the camera in the snow!
This camera truly would be an amazing outdoor camera! Great for going on hikes, bike rides, swimming, camping, really any outdoor activity that you need a durable camera to keep up with you!
 I must say though, after trying out the the COOLPIX S30 and the Nikon1 J3, the COOLPIX AW110 wasn't my favorite camera. Not that I'm complaining, this camera was still great, but I felt like it wasn't the most user friendly camera. Though there are a lot of different preset settings you could use to capture that special moment, I found that trying to find the correct one for that particular moment not only took time, but some of the settings also took some time to "process" the picture. I guess sometimes more is not better.

I also found that it was hard to focus on an object and, for whatever reason, just could not get the zoom to "super zoom in". Which would have been great while we were on our walk and say an Osprey perched in the trees!
But while at the butterfly garden, the sharpness and clarity of the pictures were amazing! I just love the way the COOLPIX AW110 picked up on the various shades of color and the textures! 
I also loved the panorama option too! It was perfect to see the apple orchard when we went apple picking!
It also had a neat built-in slide show. At first I was taken a back by it a bit, because I didn't understand why my pictures kept changing while trying to view them...lol...but then I realized and was able to take advantage of it while showing the pictures to my grandmother, who is not tech savvy in the least!
And though I prefer photography over videography, Samantha seemed to enjoy capturing her toes against our wood floors. Not the best example of what this camera's video is capable of, but with the Full HD camera, you can see just how cute those piggies look!

All-in-all, for the price range this camera is a great family-friendly camera that I would suggest for the amateur mommy photographer. Play with the camera and then find your favorite features before you try and capture those precious moments of your family.

Here are a few more of my favourite moments I got to capture with the Nikon COOLPIX AW110!
So from my family, to yours I truly hope you enjoy your Nikon COOLPIX AW110! 
For more information on it click here

Thank you again to Nikon Canada and Strategic Ampersand for helping me to 
capture and preserve my families memories, smiles and laughter! 
Now I understand why Nikon is "at the heart of the image"

No comments:

Post a Comment