Sunday, December 22, 2013

Frozen in Time

Today when we all woke up, we were greeted to the beautiful set of Frozen, outside our window.

There is something just so stunning about the way the water freezes around the twig, berry or fence post...the ice has captured the beauty of Mother Nature and frozen it in time. There is something so perfect about it and yet to try and get into your car after the ice has taken ahold of the world is a pain in the arse! Especially when it's 1/2" thick! 
Thankfully, we also had power, hot water and a warm house. The ice storm of 2013 left a huge wake of damage and thousands without power! 

But then I look at how much Samantha has changed and grown and sit back and wonder if I could freeze her in time, would I?

I may regret saying this 16 years from now, but I love watching how she grows and changes and learns and experiences everything! She is like a little sponge that won't stay wet. 
This Christmas Season has already been SO different than last years! Not only is Samantha starting to speak but now she is so eager to be involved in our Holiday Traditions! Traditions like our family Christmas dice game, decorating the tree (and undecorating the tree), building a gingerbread house and opening gifts! 
Today, after playing in the frozen world, we sat down and started our little Gingerbread Village! Being the perfectionist that I am, I thought that the village would be a great idea, so that everyone can decorate their own house and I can still make mine...exactly how I want...and maybe go slightly overboard on the Marshmallow World that the village is now settled in (wink)
Watching Samantha so focused and serious was absolutely hilarious! Her eyes unblinking, her little fingers trying to place the candy in the perfect spot (not sure where she gets that from) and spread the sprinkles just right! That was until she licked her icing coated fingers! 
Then it was a whole new game of how fast can I eat the candies and icing before Mommy takes it away from me. Needless to say...bedtime took a tad bit longer tonght.
But...I wouldn't change it for the world and I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment