Sunday, December 29, 2013

Leftover Turkey Tetrazzini

OK, many of you know I am by no means a gourmet chef...but I'm starting to learn my way around the kitchen.

After cooking another deliciously successful Christmas turkey dinner, I decided to try to make something special with the leftovers. I mean who really wants to eat a turkey sandwich for lunch, followed by another turkey dinner! So...I googled and the only thing I could find, not only of interest but that I had all the ingredients for was a Turkey Tetrazzini from Allrecipes.

As I looked at the recipe, I thought it a little bland...so I threw in not only my leftover turkey...but the veggies and sweet potato too! And then jazzed it up with some of my favorite spices!
And alas...Leftover Turkey Tetrazzini was born!
Leftover Turkey Tetrazzini

1 Package Uncooked Pasta (I used fusilli, so Samantha could eat it easier)
1/2 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup Flour
3 Cups Chicken Broth
1/2 Cup White Wine
1 Clove Garlic
Oregano, Basil & Onion
"leftover peas, carrots, onion, sweet potato"
2 Cups Milk
1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 Cup Grated Marble Cheese
4 Cups Chopped "leftover Turkey"

-Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a LARGE baking dish.

-Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes. Drain and place in prepared baking dish.

-In a small pan heat/cook your leftover veggies in a small amount of oil or butter.

-Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic. Stir in flour (will get SUPER clumpy). Mix in white wine, chicken broth and milk. Add spices and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in parmesan cheese. Remove from heat and mix in turkey and veggies to sauce.

-Mix the sauce, turkey and veggies with the pasta until completely mixed and covered. Top with marble cheese. Bake for 50 min in preheated oven, until surface is lightly browned.

-Remove from oven and let sit for 10 min before serving.

TA DA! A delicious alternative to another turkey dinner!

Let me know what you think and please share your suggestions!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment