Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Year in Review

Most baby blogs and mommy blogs titled "A Year in Review" will look something like the side bar here (sorry had to squeeze those in there!) but just over a year ago, I made myself a promise to spend more time with my daughter; watch her grow, listen to her laugh and hold her a little tighter every night.  

So, 99 Days of Laughter was born. This blog was simply meant to be a place for me, a first time mom, to write down those special moments, the hardships and remember to slow down and enjoy the laughter in life! Looking back at that first post, tears fill my eyes to see how far Samantha has come in a year, heck, looking at the side bar my eyes are filled with tears and if we're being really honest, my heart aches for a sibling for Samantha.

I would like to think that, even though we had some rough days, some long nights and, yes, some weeks I don't even remember, the end goal of this blog was a success and has become even more than I could have ever imagined! 

This blog has become a place for moms to laugh with me, relate to my situations, and maybe even learn a thing or two. Now, I'm certainly not claiming the Mother of the Year award and am not even a close second, but if there's one thing I have learned, it's that no mother is perfect and that even when you think you're doing something wrong...it's probably not. I have a happy, healthy and beautiful toddler baby girl (she will always be my baby girl) who is kind and caring towards everyone and anything...hopefully that means I've been doing something right.  

So, what was supposed to be a 99 day mission for laughter has become something I am proud to say has reached more than 8000 people worldwide! And with My Picasso being the number one viewed post, hopefully that means I have made other moms and children laugh too!  

2013 brought with it A LOT of ups and a whole heck of a lot of downs for this family. But it was also one hell of a ride and I cannot wait to see what 2014 has in store for my blog, for myself and for my family. 

This year, my only resolution is to laugh and in the process, hopefully laugh with the world too.
So, from my family to yours...May 2014 bring to you love and laughter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment