So, while trying to get her some "new" clothes at Once Upon a Child, I knew a Dora book would keep her happy while I shopped. Well, when it was time to go, she would not put the book down, so we brought it home with us.
Samantha's "Doda" Cookies
1 cup all-purpose flour
4 Tbsp unsalted butter/margarine
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/3 cup rolled oats (not instant)
1/2 cup raisons, cranberries, or other dried fruit
1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together in a bowl.
3. In a different bowl, beat the butter/margarine and regular sugar together until smooth. Then add in the brown sugar, egg, applesauce, and vanilla.
4. Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and stir. Then add the oats and the dried fruit.
5. Arrange round spoonfuls evenly on a nonstick cookie sheet. (I used parchment paper)
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes. If you placed your cookies on different racks in the oven, rotate the baking sheets from top to bottom during baking.
7. Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes before serving up!