Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Paint Smash Birthday Celebration

For Samantha's first birthday, I wanted to do something fun and different. Plus, I still wasn't the happiest about the thought giving my baby girl, who wasn't even a year yet, cake. Not that she eats the most organic diet, but the thought of her eating, what is basically pure sugar, wasn't my favorite idea either.

So, I searched and searched and searched and came across this awesome picture on Pinterest and thought to myself...that is exactly what I have been looking for and contact the photographer immediately!

I mean, Samantha had already "finger painted" her LOVE picture, so I knew this would be a fun and colorful way to celebrate her birthday!
The start of the shoot was amazing! Serious Sam was smiling, having fun and the pictures were turning out amazing. Once she was comfortable, we poured the paint and placed her in front of it... But, what I forgot to remember was that recently Samantha has hated having anything on her hands, unless it's food that she has picked up herself.
So, as her curiosity got the better of her and she slammed her entire hand into the orange paint...the meltdown started. In all honesty, as a mother, I thought this was pretty funny. Everytime she tried to stand up and walk over to me, she would touch more paint. I know, I know...I'm a terrible mother for laughing at my poor baby's melodramatic breakdown...but then you're probably not a mother.
What you don't see in these pictures are that I probably have more paint on me from holding her than she does on her! Now that is motherly love.
Either way, the pictures are amazing and I'm looking forward to hanging her "artwork" on the wall! But, for my future babies...I might wait until you're at least 2 to try this with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment